Mr. Taylor is the senior member of the firm’s real estate and development department. He was born in Sanford, North Carolina, has extensive ties in Southeastern North Carolina, and is very involved in the Wilmington community. He was recently chosen for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© for 2015 in the category of Real Estate Law. He is also a major benefactor and proponent of the agricultural sciences, and a small farmer himself.
For 2018, Mr. Taylor was also honored to be selected as Best Lawyers’ 2018 Wilmington, NC Land Use and Zoning Law “Lawyer of the Year”. See more information about this award at this link.
Professional Activities & Affiliations
New Hanover County, North Carolina, and American Bar Associations
North Carolina Academy of Trial Lawyers
Community Activities and Affiliations
- Alderman, Town of Wrightsville Beach, North Carolina, 1973-1977, Mayor, Pro-Tem, 1975-1977
- Co-chair, College of Agriculture and Life Sciences Steering Committee, North Carolina State University
Honors & Awards
- Martindale-Hubbell – AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated
- Selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® 2015-2017, Real Estate Law
- Honored as a charter member of the NAADA Mulberry Honor Society for his work and dedication to the agricultural sciences and their related programs
- Honorary Alumni, College of Agriculture and Life Sciences, North Carolina State University
- Inducted into The Wallace Carl Riddick Society, The Charles Burgess Williams Society, and the William Joseph Peele Society, North Carolina State University
- Ruby C. McSwain Outstanding Philanthropist Award, National Agricultural Alumni Development Association
- Honorary Member of the Honor Society of Agriculture at North Carolina University – Gamma Sigma Delta.